Dong Ho Folk Painting Village – The Colors Of Traditional Art
The beauty of Vietnamese folk art
Dong Ho paintings nowadays
How to go?
- Dong Ho folk painting village is a small village in Thuan Thanh, Bac Ninh province, located on the southern side of the Red River Delta (30km to the east from Hanoi,) is one of the villages that remains to preserve ancient cultural relies of Kinh Bac area (Red River Delta, North of Vietnam.)
- You can have a visit to Dong Ho family can take 3-4 hours. For the true art-enthusiasts, skip the amateur Nguyen Dang Che’s tourist-exploiting mill and go sit down and have a talk to the famous but elusive Nguyen Huu Sam or his son Nguyen Huu Qua, who are both masters of their trade.
- From Hanoi to Bac Ninh province, you can go by motorbike or by bus. Dong Ho village visiting is often associated with temple tours , you can visit Dau pagoda and But Thap pagoda after visiting Dong Ho village
When to go?
- You should wear comfortable casual outfit but polite when visiting the village. Because Dong Ho village visiting is often associated with temple tours, you also need to choose the best outfit
- If you ride a motorbike, please ride carefully on the dike road where traffic accidents often occur on this area.
- You should consult information about the village on the internet before as Dong Ho village is very quite, it is suitable for those who love to explore and study the famous folk art.
- The products sold in the village is quite expensive because they are displayed for exhibition you should not bargain.
If you like our articles, please click the LIKE and SHARE button as a support for our next posts. You have any questions for us, leave your comments below!
Becoming a farmer harvesting Eel-grass
Have you ever seen eel-grass fields? This vegetable grows underwater in high water season. How exciting to spend a day trip in the eel-grass fields and explore how to harvest them with the local people’s guides. It’s a special food that hardly has anywhere been given, even it is called”the gift of Nature” by other […]
Nothing else but nature – Hiking Chua Chan Mountain
Located in Xuan Loc Commune of Dong Nai Province, Chua Chan Mountain is about 130 kilometer away from HCMC with 837 metres high. It is also the second-highest peak in the southeastern region of Vietnam after Black Virgin Mountain in Tay Ninh. Most young people prefer trekking and camping on this mountain. Transport: – By coach: Buying […]
Experience the daily life of farmers in the real Viet Nam village
What better way to get an insight into the local way of life? Experience the daily life of farmers in the real Viet Nam village. Tourists easily meet a peaceful oasis where many kinds of herbs gather together and where farmers work the land by hand without any modern support machines or just a simple […]
Mubarak Mosque – A Cultural Religion Attraction in Mekong Delta
The Mubarak Mosque is a sarced place to pray of Muslim. The mosque features Muslim architecture and preserves the traditional culture of Cham People. Mubarak is one of the oldest mosques of the Muslim community of Cham people in the Mekong Delta province of An Giang, and it lures many tourists to explore the culture and […]
Enjoy “Don Ca Tai Tu” – A Spirit Music of Mekong River Delta’s Locals
Enjoy “Don Ca Tai Tu” – A Spirit Music of Mekong River Delta’s Locals UNESCO recognized officially Don Ca Tai Tu’s music from southern Vietnam as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity on 5 December 2013. This recognition opens a new development period for this folk art form of Vietnam. Don ca tai tu is the […]
The legend of Bien Hoa Pottery over 300 Years
The legend of Bien Hoa pottery over 300 years, combination of Vietnamese, Chinese and French pottery styles Vietnam has more than 10 pottery villages, if the Northern Vietnam has Bat Trang pottery village, the Southern is famous for Bien Hoa pottery. It can be said that Bien Hoa Pottery is a very particular pottery, not […]