Dong Ho Folk Painting Village – The Colors Of Traditional Art
The beauty of Vietnamese folk art
Dong Ho paintings nowadays
How to go?
- Dong Ho folk painting village is a small village in Thuan Thanh, Bac Ninh province, located on the southern side of the Red River Delta (30km to the east from Hanoi,) is one of the villages that remains to preserve ancient cultural relies of Kinh Bac area (Red River Delta, North of Vietnam.)
- You can have a visit to Dong Ho family can take 3-4 hours. For the true art-enthusiasts, skip the amateur Nguyen Dang Che’s tourist-exploiting mill and go sit down and have a talk to the famous but elusive Nguyen Huu Sam or his son Nguyen Huu Qua, who are both masters of their trade.
- From Hanoi to Bac Ninh province, you can go by motorbike or by bus. Dong Ho village visiting is often associated with temple tours , you can visit Dau pagoda and But Thap pagoda after visiting Dong Ho village
When to go?
- You should wear comfortable casual outfit but polite when visiting the village. Because Dong Ho village visiting is often associated with temple tours, you also need to choose the best outfit
- If you ride a motorbike, please ride carefully on the dike road where traffic accidents often occur on this area.
- You should consult information about the village on the internet before as Dong Ho village is very quite, it is suitable for those who love to explore and study the famous folk art.
- The products sold in the village is quite expensive because they are displayed for exhibition you should not bargain.
If you like our articles, please click the LIKE and SHARE button as a support for our next posts. You have any questions for us, leave your comments below!
An Impression of the Cham Muslim Village’s Unique Culture in An Giang
Chau Doc District in An Giang Province is not only attracted by being the home to some of the largest ethnic Cham communities in Vietnam but also attracted by the unique cultural beauty of this land . This is an interesting country holiday destination for travelers who want to explore the rare culture and religion as […]
Cam Nam Village – Special Flavor of Hoi An ‘s Food
Mother Nature have given each area different amazing features. In Hoi An, Quang Nam Province, Viet Nam, we have little clams that contribute strongly to the world’s beauty and Vietnamese’ cusines and cultures. Hoi An – known as the town with the sparkling light of lanterns, old moss walls but rarely do the tourists know […]
PIA CAKE – The Most Famous Specialty of Soc Trang
PHOTO: QUE HOMEMADE Coming to Soc Trang, you – as a tourist – not only have the chance to take part in bustling unique festivals, but can also enjoy a variety of specialties of three ethnic groups: Kinh, Chinese and Khmer. Today we will introduce you one of the most famous specialty of Soc Trang […]
The Marvelous Golden Rice Paddies in Tam Coc – Bich Dong
Tam Coc – Bich Dong is popular with beautiful poetic , peaceful and beautiful landscapes captivating visitors – where is favored to call by the nickname “The inland Ha Long Bay.” It would be a mistake if you do not travel to Tam Coc – Bich Dong in Ninh Binh because this is an awesome […]
GET LOST IN PHU AN BAMBOO VILLAGE
GET LOST IN PHU AN BAMBOO VILLAGE, BINH DUONG PROVINCE Located in Binh Duong Province’s Ben Cat Commune, away 35 kilometers from Ho Chi Minh City, Phu An Ecological Bamboo Museum and Botanical Reserve, also known as the “Phu An Bamboo Village”, is one of the biggest bamboo museums in Southeast Asia. Until now, bamboo […]
Exploring An Amazing Hidden Pearl of Vietnam – Vinh Hy Bay
Vinh Hy Bay in Vinh Hy Village, Bac Son Commune of Ninh Thuan Province belong to Central coastal region – About 42 kilometers away from Phan Rang City in the Northeast direction . The Nature Mother has given this place a fantastic scenery with emerald water, fresh air and white endless sand circling steep rocky-mountains. How to […]